Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday's confessional: I am so scared of becoming another statistic. Lord please do not let me get pregnant and never have a chance to develop a career or make a difference in life. I am more frightened that life will stay the same than I am scared of change. I want change, bring it on baby. I am intimidated by not being able to see the future. It is hard to put yourself into action when you cannot see past this month. I do not know for certain where my life is headed, am I currently holding myself back, afraid to let go of people or things? I have heard that you should surround yourself with things and people that bring you up, inspire you but lately my life is so mundane. I am so lazy, I am in this moment disgusted by how lazy I am and maybe a little nauseous because I have not yet eaten today. I am in this period of my life where I am looking in at myself doing nothing, I am pondering what I will do next instead of doing anything! What have I got to lose? I feel that I have lost myself. I do not even know who I am! [My exclamation marks are me yelling at myself]
                     I look out at my patio, curtains wide open allowing the omnipotent rays of sunlight to creep in and maybe shed some light on where I am, who I am, what I am. My book shelf is full of lies, I haven't read a book in so long, I was so lazy this last semester that I received for the first time ever only nearly passing grades in the two classes that required me to read. I mourn inside from loneliness but I don't reach out to others so it is inevitable that I would be lonely. I will no longer be a princess, up on her high horse waiting to be rescued by prince charming, living in her self created, self endued misery. I must rescue myself. Today is a day of change. If I start out with nothing more than an altered attitude towards life and an inner hope for myself then today will have been a success. Here's a toast to taking life into your own hands, to finding strength despite feeling your body crumble, to empowering your mind instead of leaving it to rot.
        [This picture? The most amazing sunset I have been fortunate enough to witness.]

No comments:

Post a Comment