Tuesday, May 22, 2012

From the past to the present, I am who I want to be.

Alright I'm gonna do it. I'm going to make reference to the past. To my x's. To my mistakes. To my tears, regrets, not-so-great-adventures. It is really mind boggling to look at your life in retrospect. How is it that as a young person you can be so convinced that you know it all?!  Nobody knows for sure what the future holds. However, it is muy chistoso to me that as children we are so naive, headstrong in what we believe. Nothing and Nobody can stand in our way, tell us what to do or change our minds. I am torn between telling future generations to listen to their parents, their better judgement or encouraging them to just live their lives and make mistakes. I believe in destiny. I believe in fate. But who knows if I would have been the person that I am today if I had not been a little too risky, risque, careless? Well, I can say that I loved with all of my heart and to what I believed was my truest self. I gave 100 percent of myself, even if it meant that I was left vulnerable. And I may have grown up a little too fast but I am stronger because of it. We are all blessed with unique qualities and characteristics. I was built up to be the woman that I am today from the building blocks of yesterday. One day I will be a tall structure, fully intact with life's lessons, stories, mistakes, flaws, and cracks, and baby, I was not built to break. All that we can do is LIVE. And all that you can expect from us children is to live. We are not perfect. We are not you. But also know, that somewhere in my subconscious mind, I did listen. So, don't give up on them. Don't give up on us, on me. Words of wisdom play their part but experience will build you. I have yet to experience the best. I can't wait to be at the peak of greatness but knowing that nothing turns out quite like you had expected, I will not hold my breath. I will go into my ventures with optimism, not high expectations. They say that there is a silver lining to every cloud. I have not taken sculpting but I will imagine myself as a sculptor, and life, my pile of clay. My experiences mold me and I will push the clay into my broken cracks, I will find the silver lining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment