Thursday, September 10, 2015

When life hits you hard...it hurts.


Why does it feel like what often is nothing but a raindrop transpires suddenly into a storm?
It's swirling inside my mind, inside my life and I can't make it stop.
Sometimes, the raindrops are tears and my face turns into a light drizzle, other times it comes on all at once, like a monsoon.
Every day is different, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a hurricane and I'm watching pieces of my life float by me. Then just as I am going under, I rise to the surface gasping for air but relieved nonetheless. Those moments help keep me humble and make me grateful that I am alive.
Inevitably however, the debris from the circulating storm around me hits me and knocks me off course, yet again. I tremble and try to catch my footing and wait for a moment to come up for air.
As my eyes swell and my heart pounds profusely, I'm waiting for the calm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment